6 k profile picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

inspector23

How in the world are all those pictures in the profiles only 6 K? I have been searching my pictures for something to put in my profile and I cannot come up with any resolution that would give me less than 75 K, and then even that looks grainy.

What am I missing here?

I was having trouble with that too. Mine was just about 8 K so I brought it into photoshop, reduced it a bit, but when I saved it, the size went up 50% !?!? I found that saving it as a gif got me to where i needed to be. Maybwe that will help.

peteo

Some things I do by rote... hopefully you'll get more meaningful responses.

1) What does 'full color' mean for a little picture? Set it to 8 bits. My photo editor opens everything at 32 bits so I need to reset it manually every time I open the thing (reset, save, then check the file size, not the 'properties' in the photo editor.)

2) The web uses 72 pixels/inch. That's all you get!

3) Save as a JPG or GIF. If it's more of a cartoon it'll probably look clearer as a GIF.

celtic

Try a little free program..like PixResizer

or

simply link to an "offsite" image. I had a fairly HUGE avatar of Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstein as mine for a few days (I was asked to remove/reduce it by a very nice moderator/admin :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.