Electrical estimating software

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfish

Hello guys, I hope you are all having a relaxing Easter weekend. My question is which electrical estimating program would be considered the best? Thanks in advance.

celtic

There is no "one size fits all" answer.
It all depends on what type of work you, how much work you do, etc.

tkb

It also depends on how much you want to spend.
Some can go for up to $6000.

redfish

Well, for starters I am trying to bid a parking lot with (35) light poles and (4) camera poles. I would need a program that would figure in pole installation, fixture installation, trenching, conduit installation, backfill and compaction, wire installation and termination, pole grounding and installation of controls.
P.S. $6,000.00 is a little high, I was thinking more in the range of $750-$1,000.

tshea

Use the search feature. There have been several discussions on estimating software. Some have some links to the various sites.
I use Visioninfosoft. It is pretty good. I also have EPIC, there pricing software.

GUNNING

I use the guestimating software package. Its free, well almost anyway. I put a dollar sign associated with all the key icons using them as a unit and then count. During this process I get interupted and then start over several times. This cycle repeats till I can get all the way around the building or room. Then I write it down and multiply it out. I make a note of problems or errors on the prints that will need to be addressed (spelled change order$). I then go to the next item on the key. I write it up thinking of all the stuff to put at my atvantage and fax it over to them. You can hear them having the cow over the phone later. I double check using total costs vs electrical costs as a percentage, or sometimes square foot costs verses what my square foot costs are.

redfish

I use the guestimating software package. Its free,
Would this method also work with say, a hospital, or even a school? Wow, don't forget to guestimate in the cost of the stand-by generator or that little 1000A three phase 277/480V main. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.