Art 250.4(B)(4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwendolyn

I am using Bluevolt for my CE this year and in their instruction package it says that, "Ungrounded systems are commonly used in manufacturing and industrial type facilities".

OK, so I worked for over 20 years in a Manufacturing FacilityI can not remember ever seeing a system where one would purposely ground one leg of a 480 volt circuit.

I have been out of it for a while, so please what am I missing here?

G

Gwendolyn

I guess I have some more reading to do; forgotten a lot; was not expected to ever work again; fooled em. So, as it turns out, there is a whole thread on the subject I'll have to read. So far, it seems to occur on services mainly.

Thx

Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn

I found a whole 'nuther thread on the subject. Seems to be done on services. Yep, the utility pretty much does what they want to. Have a lot of reading to do. Still trying to get it all working again in my head. :)

Thx

Gwendolyn

iwire

Staff member
Gwendolyn said:
I found a whole 'nuther thread on the subject. Seems to be done on services. Yep, the utility pretty much does what they want to. Have a lot of reading to do. Still trying to get it all working again in my head. :)

Thx

Gwendolyn

It is not just services and has nothing to do with what the power company does as the NEC does not apply to them.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
It's funny how people have no trouble accepting bonding/grounding of neutrals, but somehow, the corner-grounded Delta just smacks of a horrible 'grounding of a hot wire.'
eek.gif

The only thing (capacitance aside) that makes any conductor hot relative to earth is that another conductor is intentionally (or accidentally, in non-grounded systems) earthed.

There's really very little difference between the grounding and bonding of one conductor of a Delta and that of a system's neutral. There are more similarities than differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.