fire alarm and security alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

Oh, I won't like to do that, but 760.139 give a little room but one must meet 760.139 requirements.

If its an Audio sercutiy circuit then No. 760.139(D)

I was going to post this:

You have to meet the requirements of 760.48 (A) Class 1 with NPLFA Circuits, and also via 760.46, but this is fire wire to different class's of fire wire. (I caught myself) :roll:

Last edited:

peter d

mh183 said:
can a security alarm be run in the same e.m.t. as a fire alarm system

The best answer is that this entirely depends on your local codes. In my area, sharing a fire alarm raceway with any other system is completely forbidden by local code.

mh183

i will talk to fire marshal on Monday but thus job is rated fire wire with what looks like thermostat wire running from motion senser and to key pad

MichaelGP3

Occupation
Fire Alarm Technician
The answer will vary depending.....

The answer will vary depending.....

It sounds like you're talking about 2 independent systems; just to clarify: is this for a combination fire/security panel?

DUCKMAN

Qualify Please

Qualify Please

lvz2fsh said:
No you cant !!!! its in the NEC and would be enforced by your electrical inspector.

Your 3 exclamations make think you are pretty sure about this. What article would prohibit it? The original quote does not state whether it is NPLFA or PLFA, but most circuits are PL. I do not know of an NEC article that would not allow it.

Stallzer

2002 NEC 760.26A Allows Class 1 Circuits to be in same raceway as NPLFA as long as the conductors are insulated for the maximum voltage of any conductor in the raceway / enclosure. So I don't see why you couldn't have different systems in the same raceway, but it all depends on your local AHJ / Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.