Need TVSS help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

LawnGuyLandSparky said:
Of course, but he can't check that since it's probably sealed. I was also wondering if there's a metermain, and if that's been checked as well. Also, are there ground rods @ the service?

Not sure what your POCO uses to seal your meters, but around here you can easily cut the seal with a pair of dykes... Then just simply call for a reseal, I usually just ask my brother-in-law for some more seals... :grin:

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Some times that cover cannot be removed without pulling the meter. Be careful about pulling that meter if you already suspect a loose neutral. It may be laying in there just waiting for a little extra nudge to produce spectacular fireworks. Not that I or anyone I know would have ever experienced such a display.

JohnJ0906

I've seen the neutral at the pole hit by the tree trimmers causing this problem. Worst part is that they are employed by the POCO to keep the lines clear, and they couldn't even tell someone what they did.:roll: :mad: (Also cut the pole guy wire completely, and left it laying on ground.)

LawnGuyLandSparky

stickboy1375 said:
Not sure what your POCO uses to seal your meters, but around here you can easily cut the seal with a pair of dykes... Then just simply call for a reseal, I usually just ask my brother-in-law for some more seals... :grin:

Older services have seals, and when 100a services were still common, the utility had a habit of using a jiffy lock on larger, 200a and higher services.

QuickLock.jpg

jiffylock2.jpg

catchtwentytwo

LawnGuyLandSparky said:
Older services have seals, and when 100a services were still common, the utility had a habit of using a jiffy lock on larger, 200a and higher services.

Around here, they're put on for suspected energy theft or if there has been repeated tampering with the "regular" seals.

Status
Not open for further replies.