California instructor questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandsnow

never being one to shy away from contraversy(sp) - shoot!!

Part time instructor teaching Code Classes for the State Cert. Test. I have taught Level 1 Electric and various seminars, grounding, code changes

e57

I'll hold on the political deeper portion for now. I think I remember you doing Certification Prep right? Do you have any contact with the "Trainee Classes" or "Apprenticeship Classes"? My questions are more about them...

1. Are classes getting packed?
  2. Are more opening up?
  3. Are they placing people on prior experiance?
  4. Are they job placing thier applicants?
  5. Are they going to open merit side classes in SF? (I know that ones a tough one - but will they try?)
One more - any word on enforcement?

sandsnow

I have to get with my source on your questions.

The trainee classes you are talking about: Are they the ones that allow you to keep working without a Cert. Card?

Question #3: Do you mean can someone skip the Level 1 stuff based on experience?

The latest on enforcement is on the state website. I will ask about any rumors about what's coming.

e57

sandsnow said:
I have to get with my source on your questions.

The trainee classes you are talking about: Are they the ones that allow you to keep working without a Cert. Card? YEP....

Question #3: Do you mean can someone skip the Level 1 stuff based on experience? Exactly, I have heard about it, but not possitive as of yet...

The latest on enforcement is on the state website. I will ask about any rumors about what's coming.

You know where this INFO ON ENFORCEMENT IS? EVERYONE wants to know.....

Doh... I found it....
www.dir.ca.gov/DAS/ECU_FAQ.htm#Enforcement Questions

Oh, apparently there isn't any except for Public Works and rat-u-out complaints...

sandsnow

e57 said:
I'll hold on the political deeper portion for now. I think I remember you doing Certification Prep right? Do you have any contact with the "Trainee Classes" or "Apprenticeship Classes"? My questions are more about them...

1. Are classes getting packed? YES
  2. Are more opening up? THERE COULD BE MORE APPROVED FACILITIES AFTER THE NEXT MEETING.
  3. Are they placing people on prior experiance? EVERY SCHOOL IS DIFFERENT.
  4. Are they job placing thier applicants? NO
  5. Are they going to open merit side classes in SF? UNKNOWN UNTIL NEXT MEETING (I know that ones a tough one - but will they try?)
One more - any word on enforcement?

Check the website after the meeting on the 24th thru 27th

Sorry it took so long for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.