408.36(D) - back-fed plug-in type breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

mdshunk said:
All right, that does it! You're gonna fool around and make me post a picture of the generator "inlet".

Funny how that works out...I've done the very same thing...although something tells me it's not code legal.

mdshunk

stickboy1375 said:
I dont think I would have done that only to protect my self from some jacka$$ using a generator indoors. yeah I know, can protect all of them.
In this case, they'd have to figure out a way to get the whole tractor in the basement too.

mdshunk

SEO said:
Marc all good deeds never go unpunished, you try to help and all you get is teasing.:smile:
That's fine. I knew the second I posted the images what would ensue. In fact, I've have been a bit disappointed if it hadn't turned out this way. I ain't too proud to post the pictures of all my hack work. I'd like to think that my nice work balances the scales out. :smile: I'm a bid-ness man, not an ar-teist.

bbaumer

Thanks Marc. That looks like a QO2DTI with a second piece to secure the breakers. Also looks cheaper than iwire's but I will price them both out.

iwires is for use with a MCB panel so I have to price 2 different types of panels.

William1978

mdshunk said:
All right, that does it! You're gonna fool around and make me post a picture of the generator "inlet".

P1010177.jpg
hey look no couplings on that conduit:D I'm impressed

Last edited:

C3PO

If you already have the QO2DTI just get two of a PK2MB. One to secure the backfed main and the other to secure the generator breaker. The kit iwire posted is for a panel that has a main breaker in it.

stew

ch makes a great panel cover with the interlock built in. no labor just bolt down the breaker and bolt on the cover. avail for br and ch panels. Also Mark how do you get away with the cord permanantly attached to the junction box.? The inspectors around here call that a permanenet wiring method with flex cable and most wont pass it unless you fight the heck out of them. we are required to supply an out let in a box and also the a cable which is NOT permantly attached.

mdshunk

LarryFine said:
I put five offsets in a 6' piece of 1/2" EMT last year. :cool:
Reminds me of a guy that used a mechanical offsetter to get a 3" offset by cranking in 5 or 6 mechanical offsets. This guy had over 25 years in the trade at the time I saw him do that. He was too fat and lazy to walk to get a bender.

Status
Not open for further replies.