Hmmm: cover of LB is loose:

DSC_1463a.jpg

Uh-oh!

DSC_1464a.jpg

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
That cut wire is SCARY!!

Cutting unfused wire inside of a metal LB with metal loppers....crazy! Maybe they checked to see if it was the neutral first?:rolleyes:

peter d

Cow said:
That cut wire is SCARY!!

Cutting unfused wire inside of a metal LB with metal loppers....crazy! Maybe they checked to see if it was the neutral first?:rolleyes:

Perhaps there is more to this story than meets the eye, like a bank of transformers with the HV fuses dropped out.

What say you, Ken?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I know! Someone had problems with a reverse-wired transformer, and was told to disconnect the neutral from the X-0. :cool:

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
LarryFine said:
I know! Someone had problems with a reverse-wired transformer, and was told to disconnect the neutral from the X-0. :cool:
Chuckle.

Last Friday the mech contractor lost 300' of 4/0 type W on one of my jobs. Funny thing about this is the perps cut the cable at the disco's yet took time to release the cam-locks at the tranny. Someone knew what they were doing.

View attachment 2248

peter d

chris kennedy said:
Last Friday the mech contractor lost 300' of 4/0 type W on one of my jobs. Funny thing about this is the perps cut the cable at the disco's yet took time to release the cam-locks at the tranny. Someone knew what they were doing.

You would think the generator rental companies would spend the extra money to get the portable cable custom embossed.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
peter d said:
You would think the generator rental companies would spend the extra money to get the portable cable custom embossed.

They offered to bring more cables that day. I wonder...:roll:

480sparky

peter d said:
Perhaps there is more to this story than meets the eye, like a bank of transformers with the HV fuses dropped out.

What say you, Ken?

I didn't take pix of it, but yes, the transformers have been taken off-line. If you look close at the bottom of the meter socket, there's a tag from the POCO w/ instructions not to energize anything.

Building is empty, and has had some metal theives get in on occasion. I'll need to bid a whole new service because this one is so old, it's not up to current codes and can't be re-energized.

480sparky

stew said:
dang I sure hope that cut wire wasnt the neutral on a single phase run. many heartaches involved if that was the case!!!

Power had been shut off at the pole, so that's why they were in there to begin with.

peter d said:

Over the summer , we bought a couple thousand feet cable (6/4 SO and 1g SC) from an outfit in Minn. (Trystar), they custom ink-mark cable at no charge. Wouldn't embossing have to happen at the cable factory?

Status
Not open for further replies.