does anyone know the website for sunstar supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Lang

It's an online company from Florida that suposedly has great prices on just about anything. I've tired to search for it on almost every search engine and found nothing. I'm 99.9% sure it's called sun star electric supply. I've heard of onlineelectricsupply.com but they don't seem to stock as many things as sunstar. Anything would be helpful thanks.

I can't stand paying $30 for a jar of tan wire nuts anymore.

peter d

If you want cheap knock-off junk, then JunkStar is the place to go. Their wirenuts and recessed lights are barely passable quality, and for the non-tract houses that I normally work on I would never use their stuff. If I was one of those now extinct tract home EC's then I would be buying pallets of stuff from them.

If you must buy from them, DO NOT buy their house brand wiring devices. I bought a few of them as a test and they lost spring tension in the receptacles rather quickly and needed to be replaced.

Last edited:

peter d

Mike Lang said:

This comment strikes me as rather odd....are you paying for wirenuts, or are your customers paying for wirenuts? If you're looking to cut costs, I don't think a jar of wirenuts is the place to look. Others will surely disagree, but that's how I see it.

electricmanscott

Mike Lang said:

If YOU are paying for the wirenuts then you have more problems than the price. :wink:

After you use some of Sunstars garbage you will pay ANYTHING to get some quality stuff. :cool:

peter d

I think this is where most Sunstar products end up within 5 years:

landfill3.jpg

mdshunk

The link above will take you to a company that sells stuff that looks like actual electrical supplies. There's a guy that roams the streets here that sells watches that look like actual Rolex's too.

mdshunk

iwire said:
They sell fuses breakers and smoke alarms as well.

Sounds like top quality stuff.:grin:
Yeah, I notice that they sell T&B classified replacement breakers. I wonder if they aren't getting them out of Canada, without a UL mark? It's been a good many years that T&B stopped making panels and breakers for the US market, I believe.

peter d

iwire said:
They sell fuses breakers and smoke alarms as well.

Yeah, you can even get a nice Zinsco equivalent replacement. Couple that with a chain of Sunstar wirenuts, smoke alarms and recessed lights and you have a winning combination. :D

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
First off the OP didn't ask your opinions.:grin: Seconly the dimmers and many of the products are name brand. The dimmers are Lutron---junk--- I think not.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
iwire said:
Brand name, or counterfeit?

Brand name--- I would think P&S and Lutron would be all over them if it weren't the real thing. You can actually read the name Lutron on the ariadini dimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.