Number of openings, number of circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmbrk

j_erickson said:
The market just wont bear it here. Especially now. Everyone is slow.

Tell me about it. We're really getting dumped on here. And last week with the cold, everything seems to have stopped. TG for the few service calls I'm getting.;) But even then, I can't get out of my driveway, much less navigate the roads today.

JohnE

tmbrk said:
Tell me about it. We're really getting dumped on here. And last week with the cold, everything seems to have stopped. TG for the few service calls I'm getting.;) But even then, I can't get out of my driveway, much less navigate the roads today.

I'd love to tell you that we have not had any snow yet this year. But we have our first Nor'easter coming through tonight. So I'm hesitant to gloat.;)

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
j_erickson said:
I've been thinking:

If he doubles it, I could go up and wire it for him.;)

He can buy the materials, pay me a good rate, and stay home and make money.:grin:

NH is reciprocal with MA.:smile:

I think that he's in New Jersey. You could work for him under his permit.:wink:

JohnE

infinity said:
I think that he's in New Jersey. You could work for him under his permit.:wink:

I thought I remembered NH. Oh well.:confused: My brother in law lives in Jersey, FWIW. I get to go there 3-4 times a year anyway.

I'd rather go to NH.:grin:

Ben There

j_erickson said:
I've wired hundreds of houses like you describe. I'd be $6500 - $7000 depending upon if it has central AC. Basic house, 3 catv and tel jacks. No recessed lights. Rough in would be 2 days with 2 men. Finish one day. Half a day for the service. Half a day for HVAC if it has it. You have to fly to make money on new residential.
Thats not far off from SW Oklahoma $3/3.5 per sq ft., service is extra, can lights, 30/35 ea. extra, customer furnishes lighting. $ 25 ea to hang ceiling fans, more for high ceilings, you certainly do have to get in & out to make money in new res work!

JohnE

So I'm rereading the thread and I see where I got Brett from. But in an e-mail he signed David. It really doesn't matter, but he has me confused. I must have screwed up something. My apologies.

bjp_ne_elec

John - regarding the strapping - it does help you in being able to string Romex and pull it around - but how do you deal with "securing"? I've run in to some jobs where the guys have ty-wrapped the runs.

Thanks,

Brett

JohnE

bjp_ne_elec said:
John - regarding the strapping - it does help you in being able to string Romex and pull it around - but how do you deal with "securing"? I've run in to some jobs where the guys have ty-wrapped the runs.

Thanks,

Brett

Everything is stapled under the joist or to the sides. I'm probably not explaining what it is very well. A pic would answer it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.