14-2-2 and 3ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinetto

What Ive been doing on ocassion with 14-2-2 is when I have a dead end 3 way I take the power to the dead end and run 14-2-2 so I also have a nuetral if I need power for anything near by....My question is does anyone have any other "tricks" that can be done with 14-2-2?

splinetto

TOOL_5150 said:
does big blue or big orange sell 14-2-2? Or do you just get it from a supply house?

~Matt
I dont know it they do or dont. I just order it and a truck magically appears the next day and its there....

electricmanscott

splinetto said:
What Ive been doing on ocassion with 14-2-2 is when I have a dead end 3 way I take the power to the dead end and run 14-2-2 so I also have a nuetral if I need power for anything near by....My question is does anyone have any other "tricks" that can be done with 14-2-2?

Wire all your receptacles with it in case you need a seperate circuit for something someday.

iwire

Staff member
electricmanscott said:
Wire all your receptacles with it in case you need a seperate circuit for something someday.

Your a hack.

Any real electrian would home run every duplex back to the panel with 12-2-2. :wink:

stickboy1375

I generally run 14-2-2 from the basement light to the 3 way at the top of the stairs, then a 14-2 out of the 3-way for the stairwell light, it saves an extra wire being pulled.

me.jpg

Last edited:

peter d

iwire said:
Your a hack.

Any real electrian would home run every duplex back to the panel with 12-2-2. :wink:

No way, a real electrician would home run every duplex with 3/4" or larger pvc coated rigid, then run all XHHW insulated conductors, then install 5362 receptacles.

TOOL_5150

peter d said:
No way, a real electrician would home run every duplex with 3/4" or larger pvc coated rigid, then run all XHHW insulated conductors, then install 5362 receptacles.

And land it to one of the 2 40/40 QO panels he installed. :D

~Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.