Crew'n

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

I had the pleasure of working with the downtown poco crew for the last two days.
They proceeded to terminate and fill out their trough and show some great professionalism which amounted to a greater amount of insight for me. The materials they use and the overall girth of all their items involved are profound.

I had run my legs of service and took great care to protect their wires,, it freaked me out to see and watch the meter crew come in and take a hook bill to the wire. Then proceed to open, ohm it out, not even visually inspecting it first (other than realize to it was terminated yet), after cutting a small sliver they inserted a tech screw and terminated a wire from one side of the coil once finale it was taped up.

This was my first Poco service lateral, This was my third power shut-down to turn on power. This took out three City blocks, downtown.

The best part this morning was walking outside and a new hard hat was staring down the manhole. Ma bell.. ?hey a new hard hat (at 2:30 in the AM - power off since 12 AM)?, I said. ?We didn?t get the letter, our genie didn?t fire-up, I?m worried about not having compressor to blow air down the services?. ?What no internet tonight for Durham??, I said. No that?s covered by the batteries, for awhile, I?m more worried about not having air on the lines?, then man in the man-hole states, "I don?t care, not my problem. Its our scheduled time!", I had to walk away to avoid busting out laughing..:roll:

Enjoy your day!

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Congrats on a Saturday night success. I'm well aware of how stressful these shut-downs can be.

Take a nap, you need to be in front of the TV by 1pm.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.