do you have an outside salesperson at your company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
We opened a franchise about two weeks ago; its not an electrical company, but we do have electrical products that involve the use of my license for install/repair, etc. . .

We received a lot of training from corporate on operating the business; a lot things I already had a good handle on, but the sales side is where I received the most help.

We hired an outside sales/marketing/PR person at the recommendation of corporate who's working on a part-time basis right now, and its working great.

I was curious if any of you already have an outside salesperson or have considered doing so. She's been traveling door-to-door to every business in town marketing us. She doesn't discuss price, but takes details for price quotes. The answer to any question is "yes, we can do that".

Its really helping us in the time management dept. so we can be devoted to other important tasks. If its something you're not doing, its definitely worth considering. You could have someone without any real electrical knowledge doing this for you. They just need to get the details of what the customer wants and arrange an appt for you to go visit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.