Paint Cabinet Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Customer That is Required By Safety Inspection To Bond The Paint Cabinets to be Bonded to the structural steel Or Other. Situation Is all The Steel In the Building is Concrete Encased, This Building Is A Parking With Various Levels, Now I am Wandering If Bringing The Bonding Conductor From The Cabinet To the Emt Conduit Thru Out the Building Would Be Adequate Bonding.The Nearest Load Center Is About 200' and Some of the Emt I mention Goes to That Load Center.

Thanks For Your Suggestions Before Hand

I will Look

I will Look

I am Going to look out for that suggestion , I am hopefull that it will have some water pipe,it Is A Storage and Maintenance area.
Thanks

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I really don't see any good reason to bond a paint or other flammable liquid storage container. The main reason for bonding is to prevent the build up of static charges that may produce a spark with enough energy to ignite the products. This doesn't happen in the storage container. The most common time for this to happen is when you are transferring the liquid from one container to another.

Safety Insurance

Safety Insurance

Apparently the ones enforcing this Items are Safety Officials From the Insurance Companies and O.S.H.A.

I have seen this requirement "by others" in the recent past. A chemical company with plastic storage containers, their main concern was static electricity.

The resove was to put the storage on a conducting mat - almost as an equipotential bonding plane - around the storage bins with a copper "halo" around the bins.

Status
Not open for further replies.