NEC 210.11(C)(2) with multiple circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacificoClara

Combo laundry/sewing room, 3 circuits:
30A for dryer
20A GFCI for washing machine receptacle and counter receptacles only
20A for sewing area receptacles

Does it violate article 210.11(C)(2) to put a lighting outlet on the second 20A "sewing" circuit?

Or in other words, does the part in 210.11(C)(2) that says "no other outlets" apply to ALL circuits serving receptacles in the laundry room, or just the ones designed for laundry use?

Thanks

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum?s rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. Although your member profile states that you are a member of this industry or of a related industry, your question makes me suspect that you are contemplating performing electrical work at your own home, whereas you profile makes it clear that you are not an electrician. We are not permitted to provide ?how-to? assistance to a ?do-it-yourself? person.

If I have misinterpreted the situation, if this is a design task that you are performing on behalf of your employer, then send me Private Message to explain the circumstances. I would gladly reopen the thread, and post an apology for the delay and the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.