NEC 2005 handbook cd/rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the 2002 NEC hanbook I like it
has any body puchaced the 2005 hanbook cd/rom ?
is it user friendy?
any advice thanks

ryan_618

You have to have it in the computer you are using. You can't install it to the hard drive like you could with early editions of the 2002 NECH. Also, I think the format in the 2002 was much better than the 2005.

gary

Occupation
Retired electrical contractor / general contractor
My version of the 2005 NEC handbook allowed me to install it on two computers. A brief connection to the internet is required to complete installation. The CD is not required once it was installed. I installed one copy on a desktop PC and another copy on my laptop. When I later replaced the hard drive in the desktop I decided to also do a clean install of the operating system. When I tried to reinstall the handbook I received an error message to the effect that it had already been installed twice. After a quick call to NFPA customer support, I was able to reinstall it on the desktop.

Last edited:

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Ryan,
The handbook can be installed a computer, it is the CD ROM version of the code itself that can't be installed to the hard drive.
Don

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Miller,

I pre-ordered the 2005 NECH CD ROM and got one of the first copies. I added it to the '99 and '02 versions on my PC.

I've concluded that the built in search engine is not as robust as the '02; the graphics are excellent.

The added bonus for me, is that all three NECHs have included an Acrobat Reader file ( .pdf ) of the NEC, as printed on paper, that I have ported to my PDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.