Osha Live work/Energized

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told they took out the part "removal of illumination for an area." as a reason for doing live work. Is this true?? I was trying to find it but having trouble. Ive told others this and reason i believe is because one can always run temp lighting if that is an issue. any help would be appreciated.

OSHA said:
1910.333(a)(1)

"Deenergized parts." Live parts to which an employee may be exposed shall be deenergized before the employee works on or near them, unless the employer can demonstrate that deenergizing introduces additional or increased hazards or is infeasible due to equipment design or operational limitations. Live parts that operate at less than 50 volts to ground need not be deenergized if there will be no increased exposure to electrical burns or to explosion due to electric arcs.

Note 1: Examples of increased or additional hazards include interruption of life support equipment, deactivation of emergency alarm systems, shutdown of hazardous location ventilation equipment, or removal of illumination for an area.

zog

I was told they took out the part "removal of illumination for an area." as a reason for doing live work. Is this true?? I was trying to find it but having trouble. Ive told others this and reason i believe is because one can always run temp lighting if that is an issue. any help would be appreciated.

OSHA hasnt changed anything yet, the NFPA 70E removed that as a reason to justify live work, it was removed from the 2004 70E in 2006 (Revision change) and is not in the 2009 70E. Reason? Temp lighting can easily be brought in.

Status
Not open for further replies.