Contractor Reponsible ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

e57

Sack the Foreman! And the Jouneyman should know enough not to even ask... And if the Journey has a set, he'd repremand the Foreman, +/or go over his head.

I don't know if it is an NEC approved method but soldering the the splices and insulating with shrink tube before burying was the answer for one of my previous employers

celtic

satcom said:
It would not be more likely to short, but if it did fault, being a buried box, there is a good chance of the fire getting a head start, also the problems down the road when there is a problem, will be more difficult to trouble shoot.
Like this fine example :
[Troubleshooting ~ elusive neutral ???]
( See post #14 for the quick version)

What should have been an easy job turned into a nightmare and thousands of dollars of cost - all for a simple code compliant job that would have cost pennies to do right the first time.

kngdvd

responsible

responsible

what ever happened to good old fashioned ethics. Say you have a drivers license and the boss is in the car with you and he tells you to crash into someone would you???

QES

just do it

just do it

Just do it, but tell the boss about it. He will make that decision. The "boss aka contractor" pays the bill not the foreman.

satcom

Just do it, but tell the boss about it. He will make that decision. The "boss aka contractor" pays the bill not the foreman.

"Just do it" typical command, and control response, but not a very smart move to command someone to do something illegal, as a professional he is aware it is a violation, and has eniough sense to refuse.

Quote:
"The difference between an electrician who is a wireman and an electrican who is an electrical engineer. They both work at electricity and both may be skillful and able to apply their art but the wireman depends upon the engineer to do the brain work and tell him what to do." ; R.W. Stephen

Quote:
"the wireman depends upon the engineer to do the brain work and tell him what to do."

A wireman may need to work from engineering detailes, however an electrician is a professional, and in many cases may have more knowladge, and experience then some engineers.

Last edited:

Mike NY

My neighbor is a "Jack of all trades Master of none" kind of a guy. Wired his own house. Last year he called me and we ripped down three walls and found 4 buried boxes each of which had loose joints causing all sorts of problems. Lessoned learned by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.