Building service

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmac49

We have a 60% design for a large industrial shop. The main service consists of 2 3MVA transformers each on feeding a 5000 amp main breaker in seperate enclosures. Each breaker feeds a section of bus with a N.O. tie breaker mid way in the bus. I see some problems with this arrangement. It makes more sense to me to put the tie breaker between the 2 mains and interlock them so on 2 of the 3 breakers can be closed at a time. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Jim

zog

We have a 60% design for a large industrial shop. The main service consists of 2 3MVA transformers each on feeding a 5000 amp main breaker in seperate enclosures. Each breaker feeds a section of bus with a N.O. tie breaker mid way in the bus. I see some problems with this arrangement. It makes more sense to me to put the tie breaker between the 2 mains and interlock them so on 2 of the 3 breakers can be closed at a time. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Jim

It would be key-interlocked either way. The M-T-T-M arrangement (Tie bus) allows for expanding later, or adding a sparing transformer. If you dont think this is necessary than go with your M-T-M design, saves the cost of another Tie Breaker. We build custom switchgear lineups and have hundreds of subs like these in stock from all manufactures.

Status
Not open for further replies.