Why the Job takes so long....

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenwayne

If you braid 3 pieces of 12/2 you can pull a 1 ton cube van out of sugar sand.
Had to switch to 12 ga. 14 ga. wouldn`t hold :)

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
allenwayne said:
If you braid 3 pieces of 12/2 you can pull a 1 ton cube van out of sugar sand.
Had to switch to 12 ga. 14 ga. wouldn`t hold :)
Thank you. Priceless.

Just when I think I'm not learning anything new, a really creative and simple nugget flashes in the pan! :)

mc5w

Why it Takes Longer

Why it Takes Longer

I one time said to one of the general contractor guys, "Since when do we get correct plans?" He said, "never."

Also, some older houses in Akron, Ohio have light switches in the neutral so that switch loops could use 2 wire romex with 1 wire that was insulated with paper. Switches in the neutral was at one time allowed by NEC.

Expect surprises.

Mike Cole

allenwayne

al hildenbrand said:
Thank you. Priceless.

Just when I think I'm not learning anything new, a really creative and simple nugget flashes in the pan! :)

Innovation is what it was.Almost dark and no tow rope and the single strands broke.we braided the wire and the van came right out.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
stickboy1375 said:
I like that they now color code the gauge of the rx jacket, but # 8 and #6 are the hardest to tell apart and they are STILL both black...
Not only that, but they often print the jacket text with white dots, and the 6 and 8 are very difficult to differentiate.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LarryFine said:
Not only that, but they often print the jacket text with white dots, and the 6 and 8 are very difficult to differentiate.

That is why you need some of the #7 romex.

The best quote I've heard is " Don't worry we are going to fix your electrical problem if it takes every cent you have!" YA. words to live by.

Status
Not open for further replies.