Typical AZ service change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I hate to be the bad guy here but someone has to be...:smile:

Isn't it illegal to cut a hole in the back of a weatherproof panel above the buss without a suitable fitting. Now I will say I can't imagine a problem with moisture on this install esp. in Az..:D

peter d

Well, my life is now complete...I have seen yet more pictures of all in one services and snap in bushings from 220.

Let me savor this moment.

Aaaahhhhhhh.......

220/221

Could the handhole have helped move that LB to other side of mast

It would have looked a lot better but, no. It was EMT all the way.

Could that exposed #6 to water pipe have bean eliminated, with direct-burial clamps jumpered from same water pipe to Gnd Rod?

It was a toss up. 18" up to the panel or 18" down to the ground. A) I figured it looked OK running next to the plumbing.B) I'm old and bending down gets more difficult every day.

Map gas :cool:

Isn't it illegal to cut a hole in the back of a weatherproof panel above the buss without a suitable fitting

Could be.

Well, my life is now complete...I have seen yet more pictures of all in one services and snap in bushings from 220.

I start sending them directly to your email if you like.

what did you use to affix the panel to the wall?

3/8" x 2 1/2" sleeve anchors. I like them because you can drill them and install them when the panel is in place, as long as you pre drill out the mounting holes to 3/8". It's also nice because you can hang and remove the panel on the studs with ease if you are fitting conduits etc in place.

Gailspanel015.jpg

This is what started the ball rolling. Original cooling tower style AC disconnect was fed with 3, 12's plus a couple of control wires. When someone converted to a modern AC condensing unit, they needed 40 or 50 amps so the doubled up the 12's.

Gailspanel.jpg

I pulled in 8's and changed the disco. Again, it aint that pretty but it was quick, easy and code compliant :D

Gailspanel024.jpg

220/221

Don't make me look it up. My book is at the office, I'm at home.

Flex not strapped close enough to the box?

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
For a desert install, I'd say it was perfect. If it was in Seattle, might have to change some things.

220/221

Those are 5" blocks :D

The first strap is just out of the pic. If I pinned it down @ 12" it would have bent unaturally over the water pipes. Sometimes you gotta cheat to make it look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.