Lets Play Inspector

Status
Not open for further replies.

quogueelectric

I still don't see a breaker. All I see is lugs. If they're rated for that size wire, then it's OK. But being unable to see any rating or marking on them.

I don't think it's a breaker. I'd say it's a MLO panel. Pierre?
It could be a mlo I see what you mean now I see inspection holes in the duplex connectors so we know they are rated for some type of metalic cable. Hey I am stretching it out for the holidays here.

480sparky

It could be a mlo I see what you mean now I see inspection holes in the duplex connectors so we know they are rated for some type of metalic cable. Hey I am stretching it out for the holidays here.

Even if it is a breaker (like a 200a, if the lugs are any indication), there is most likely another OCD at the other end protecting the wires.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I'm not sure what size some of those wires are so it may require a conduit bushing and I don't know the voltage of the panel, but are the connectors listed for 277v? Also the panel is flush with the front of the studs so you won't be flush with the drywall when it's installed.

Last edited:

480sparky

I'm not sure what size some of those wires are so it may require a conduit bushing and I don't know the voltage of the panel, but are the connectors listed for 277v? Also the panel is flush with the front of the studs so you won't be flush with the drywall when it's installed.

Where did 277v come from?

nakulak

As another poster said, I don't think that connector for the (#6/4 ?) mc is an mc connector, so I agree that its a violation

480sparky

Hard to tell what the wire sizes are, but after looking at what appears to be the feeder, is it big enough to handle all the loads in that panel?

The branch coming in at the far right looks like it's only 1 size smaller than the feeder.

mistermudd

Now that I reread 210.4(D) & the definition of Branch Ckt, Multiwire, I question the weak wording of 210.4(D). The way I read it the only ckt that would have to be grouped is the black,red & white coming from the double connector towards the front right of panel. The others or not multiwire. Seems to me it should be worded that all ckts from a raceway shall be grouped with their ungrounded & grounded conductors. Comments???

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Now that I reread 210.4(D) & the definition of Branch Ckt, Multiwire, I question the weak wording of 210.4(D). The way I read it the only ckt that would have to be grouped is the black,red & white coming from the double connector towards the front right of panel. The others or not multiwire. Seems to me it should be worded that all ckts from a raceway shall be grouped with their ungrounded & grounded conductors. Comments???

I agree, only the MWBC's need grouping. Personally I would like to see an exception for neutrals that have numbers on them. IMO this is a better way to identify them than just a piece of tape or cable tie. For commercial work we always have each and every neutral numbered.

210.4(D) Grouping. The ungrounded and grounded conductors of each multiwire branch circuit shall be grouped by wire ties or similar means in at least one location within the panelboard or other point of origination.
Exception: The requirement for grouping shall not apply if the circuit enters from a cable or raceway unique to the circuit that makes the grouping obvious.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Suppose it's being installed under the '05? ;)

That's a good call sparky, I tend to forget that we are all looking at things in different code cycles, since we're on the '05 it never ever occured to me that grouping would be an issue.

I bet Pierre went home for the day and that's why he's not answering us.:grin: We may have to wait until after the first of the year to see if we see what he sees.:grin:

iwire

Staff member
Pierre is under the 2005 if I recall correctly.

My guess is that he is pointing out the connectors for some of those MCs are incorrect.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.