Lets Play Inspector

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

We had a couple of jobs with CES that had color MC, S&S Raynham and one of Gary Cs jobs.

A major PITA with both 480Y/277 and 208Y/120 in the building. Needed Brown/Gray, Orange/Gray, Yellow/Gray, Brown/Orange/Yellow/Gray, do it again with Black Red Blue White. :roll:

I wonder how much time was wasted trying to think and plan all that out. :roll:

jeremysterling

Around here, if A phase were blue, every branch circuit conductor #8 and less landing on A phase had better be factory blue. We use a lot of blue MC here, but sometimes there is a two-day lead time on 12/3 MC blue/red or blue/black.

If that's an actual local requirement I'm glad that I don't work there because that borders on ridiculous.

Crossing the border into ridiculous: In residential high-rise towers that are fed three phase with each unit getting a single phase service, the service's branch ckts must be wired in the same colors that the feeders are taped. Therefore, we wire some units entirely in red/blue or blue/black.:-?

Rumor is this will be relaxed in 2009 and all MC will be 12/2 black or 12/3 black/red. No more blue.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.