recessed can spacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have a 10x10 office and a 30x24 conference room with 10' drywalled ceilings. They want to light it up with these http://www.iuseelite.com/product.asp?aid=6FLOURE&pid=B62PLIC&pt=FLOURE001. I am assuming 50 to 60 footcandles would do the job. Any ideas on number of fixtures and spacing

I would install 4 cans in the 10x10 office. In the 30 x 24 I believe it would take 20 cans. I would space it the following way. On the 30 foot dimension I would come off the walls 3' on both ends and space 4 cans 6 feet apart.
With the 24 foot dimension I would space them 3' off the walls on the end and then every 6'--

30' ---- wall---3'------6'------6'------6'------3'---wall
24' ---- wall---3'------6'------6'------3'---wall

5 cans in 4 rows= 20 cans

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I guess if I read the info on the link you provided I probably wouldn't have posted my above post. I just saw the picture and assumed incandescent cans. Obviously my post is inaccurate and if the specs are accurate I would probably reduce the office to 2 cans and the conference room to 10 cans.:smile:

bikeindy

I'm with Dennis on this one. Though I am sceptical of the amount of light spead you will get with these. Have you seen them in a show room? I might go with two in the office but as many as 14 in the larger room.

Status
Not open for further replies.