Satellite dish on one building and rack in other building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

satman

Hi,
I have a future installation that requires the dish to be installed and grounded in a building with a service meter. Due to the view of the sky, the dish need to be located here. The coax and control cables will then be trenched under ground with PVC to another building having it's own service meter. Do I install a #6 wire between the 2 buildings or do I just ground the coax and protect the incoming control wires with polyphaser.

satman

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Any conductive "ground" between the grounds of each building will be a path that will share neutral current from the power company transformer. . .assuming both buildings are served by the same transformer. Some of the current present in the conductor will also be from the power company distribution grid.

What about a fiber optic link? (I'm almost facetious.)

What are the sizes of the two services?

satman

satellite ground 2 servce drops

satellite ground 2 servce drops

Hi,
The Dish will be mounted next to a retail building that has 3 meters. The cabling crosses the alley way in a vacant PVC conduit to a Restaurant that has a 400 amp service. The property is owned by the same person. Fiber is out since this is a steerable dish. Cable run is about 400 feet.

satman

Status
Not open for further replies.