Balancing fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnConnolly

stickboy1375 said:
Boy, I've installed hundred's of fans and never had 1 wobble, except the few that were on 8' rods, (but what do you expect) check the blades, usually the have a lot # on them, maybe someone in packing screwed up...

HUH???

I have installed hundreds also and about a third want to wobble. I have noticed that the bigger/bulkier the blade brackts are, the more they want to wobble.

1. Whenever possible (8' ceilings) we flush mount them. Don't even ask, just do it.

2. Tell the customer that balancing the fan MAY be an issue. I'l eyeball the blades and make one or two passes, moving the weights around/ in and out, double them up.. After about 5 minutes I give the balance kit to the homeowner and instruct him on how to balance his fan.

benmin

Occupation
Master Electrician
chris kennedy said:
He learned that by reading the instructions that came with the fan.

Incorrect. Why would they provide a balancing kit and then in the instructions tell you how to correct the wobbling problem without it. Experience is the key in that thread.

elvis_931

OK, I went back and balanced the fans. I used every one of you guys' suggestions and finally got them balanced pretty good. The bending of the blades I think was the most helpfull tip. Thank again for all your help everyone.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.