• I use plastic Grommets because I shop at Lowe's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont use either, I use black tape

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

izak

heres another one... as many can probably see, these polls are a direct result of discussions / arguments that i have with people on a day to day basis...

paul32

I assume the plastic grommet meant NM94/95 also.

I use them on metal boxes also, rather than using the metal boxes with romex clamps installed.

tshea

paul32 said:
I assume the plastic grommet meant NM94/95 also.

I use them on metal boxes also, rather than using the metal boxes with romex clamps installed.

Same here.

Also note the price on these black buttons--CHEAP!

JohnE

I thought he was talking about something like thermostat wires entering an air handler, or something. I buy the plastic grommets with the x's cut into them for this.

hey_poolboy

Can I pick 2?
I like the romex connectors because they are better, but I use the grommets because they are cheaper and faster.

monkey

The grommets are way faster especially when you're trying to hurry up and get done in a hot attic. Plus, if you happen to be splicing old ungrounded cloth romex, it makes a good way to prevent accidentally energizing the metal box. Plus, the grommets don't fall apart in my parts bag. I got a box of the metal ones must be five years old.

mario

those black buttons are legal , right ... fast and easy ... they hold the wire ... I love em ... m

dnem

My reply isn't an option in the poll.
I like the black grommets because they're plastic and nonconductive.
The price and speed is just a bonus feature.

It's the same with boxes of all types. I always lean toward nonconductive for concealed work.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.