Test Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileyboy

Just now getting to my Colorado master Electrician Renewal test.
This question is stumping me.

The grounded conductor of a 277/480 volt 3-phase wye service shall be: (a) isolated from each service disconnecting means. (b) run to and bonded to each service disconnecting means. (c) not larger than 12 ? % of the area of the largest service-entrance phase conductor. (d) sized based on the total circular mil area of the parallel conductors and installed in each parallel raceway.

Can any one help?

smileyboy

Ok thaks,.

On a side note. i can't believe how hard the test is this time. I don't think it took me even 1 hour 2 years ago.

smileyboy

Ok, I have another one

Each motor-winding connection of a part-winding start induction motor shall have branch-circuit short-circuit and ground-fault protection rated at not more than: (a) 200% for nontime delay fuse. (b) 400% for instantaneous trip breaker. (c) 125% for dual element (time-delay) fuse. (d) 150% for inverse time breaker.

I picked C. But in the code book it says 150% for dual element ..... and there is no option of that one.

JohnJ0906

Just now getting to my Colorado master Electrician Renewal test.
This question is stumping me.

The grounded conductor of a 277/480 volt 3-phase wye service shall be: (a) isolated from each service disconnecting means. (b) run to and bonded to each service disconnecting means. (c) not larger than 12 ? % of the area of the largest service-entrance phase conductor. (d) sized based on the total circular mil area of the parallel conductors and installed in each parallel raceway.

Can any one help?

B. ............

iwire

Staff member
The grounded conductor of a 277/480 volt 3-phase wye service shall be:

(a) isolated from each service disconnecting means.

(b) run to and bonded to each service disconnecting means.

(c) not larger than 12 ? % of the area of the largest service-entrance phase conductor.

(d) sized based on the total circular mil area of the parallel conductors and installed in each parallel raceway.

I go with b.

Status
Not open for further replies.