Who remembers these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamsville

Ran in to these the other day. A 1950's era foreclosed house being remodeled to rent out. :smile:

Mikeselectric2009031.jpg

An early version of a tamper proof recep? Up in the attic. Made by G.E.

Mikeselectric2009025.jpg

A triplex recep in the garage. Not sure the manufacturer.
Guess I'll find out when I replace it.

I imagine there are some "old timers" here who probably know the history of these. :D

wireguru

those triple outlets in the first post, i forgot who made those, but they made a yoke with 3 holes in it and you could populate it with any combination of switches and receptacles. Maybe it was eagle.

MF Dagger

I'm pretty sure I've seen one with five outlets before. Similar to 480's picture but with 5. My dad has a whole box full of despard parts out in the garage.

G0049

My front porch has some of those 1/4 turn, "TR" recepts, under WP flip up covers, mounted about 4 inches above the floor. Major PITA to use. Part of a 1950s upgrade.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I've seen them all. I used to have a couple of the quads in the last pic, but that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

dreamsville

My front porch has some of those 1/4 turn, "TR" recepts, under WP flip up covers, mounted about 4 inches above the floor. Major PITA to use. Part of a 1950s upgrade.

Yah, you're right. Not the easiest thing to plug in to. I think the're adult resistant...:smile:

norcal

Here's the ones I've seen:

DSC05921a.jpg

It's a Sierraplex receptacle W/ a Sierra "Decorator" wall plate, the decorator plates are quite common in 60's buildings locally, a really old Sierra plate will say McDonald Mfg. LA CA "The Sierra Line".

Status
Not open for further replies.