Tuesday STV

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

How do you get your receps to be centered in the millwork?

DSC_2480a.jpg

(Recep in formal dining room)

Easy.... let the trim carpenters and drywallers do it!

DSC_2482a.jpg

(Other side of above receptacle, photo taken from kitchen side of wall being remodeled. Notice back side of woodwork)

Heck, they'll even use wire nuts when you've soldered and taped!

DSC_2483a.jpg

(Seriously..... someone managed to install a nut behind the S&T! Look closely at pix #2 and you'll see the same Twister.)

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
The receptacle is not centered and from the kitchen view is seems this could have been easily installed properly.

480 extra.:smile:

480sparky

The receptacle is not centered and from the kitchen view is seems this could have been easily installed properly.

480 extra.:smile:

Keep in mind.... the recep was installed during the original house build ('98 or so), not during my remodel. We found it like this opening up the wall to install a gas line.

c2500

Keep in mind.... the recep was installed during the original house build ('98 or so), not during my remodel. We found it like this opening up the wall to install a gas line.

A likely story...come on now and fess up...you did it ...right???:roll:

Just kidding, thanks for the pictures.

c2500

Rick Christopherson

Easy.... let the trim carpenters and drywallers do it!
HEY! I am also a professional cabinetmaker, and I resent this implication....Clearly it was entirely the work of the drywallers, 'cause a trimmer would have at least centered it between the trim....Oh wait, that drywall repair is clearly the work of a trimmer....but then clearly a trimmer would have used a 1/4" crown stapler to tack the romex down....I guess it will just be a mystery.....................so we will blame it on the electrician. :D

quogueelectric

A simple tapemeasure works good for me!! Fatmax 16 ft fits nice in my pouch. Pencil level you know the drill.

Rick Christopherson

A simple tapemeasure works good for me!! Fatmax 16 ft fits nice in my pouch. Pencil level you know the drill.
Well you silly cow, you can't hold a tape measure steady with a cloven hoof! Granted, division by 2 should be easy when you have only two fingers. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.