Washington State 01 Journeyman Exam & Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
April 1, 2006 Washington State will start using the 2005 NEC for tests. Don't get too concerned as the test questions don't change much from code cycle to cycle, and are not that version dependant.

And the 01 Journeyman test will be structured similar to the Adminstrator Exam
The test will have 2 parts, NEC & Theory, and RCW/WAC. You will take both at once, if you pass one and not the other, you have 12 months to take the other.

Also there are now three electrical certifications and exams
Journeyman or Speciality
Administrator
Master

FYI: In Washington State an administrator is required to be an electrical contractor, the administrator does not have to be an electrician.
A master is an electrician + administrator
The master exam is similar to the administrator but has more questions.
Effective July 1, 2005 to become a master electrician you have to test, you could grandfather for a period of time.

If you are in Washington state and have questions. PM me.

[ February 19, 2006, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: tom baker ]

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Re: Washington State 01 Journeyman Exam & Tests

Originally posted by tom baker: FYI: In Washington State an administrator is required to be an electrical contractor, the administrator does not have to be an electrician.
Not even that. I'm an "01 Electrical Administrator," and I've never been either an electrician or an electrical contractor. But I've also never been employed in the role of an administrator. ;)

iceco1

I'm taking the gen admin test in less than 2 weeks...been studying RCW's and WAC's along with code and calc...any other suggestions? Plus, is there safety questions that aren't in the WAC's?
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.