What Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I usually type my comments in Word, and let its spell checker alert me to the keyboard's errors. But I didnnt youse it dis timme, sos Im know suyre howse Im doin wit spellen.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
iwire said:
I would bet the number of posts you have made determines if you are a junior or senior member.
My guess would have been that it is based on the length of time you have been a member.

iwire

Staff member
charlie b said:
My guess would have been that it is based on the length of time you have been a member.

Thats perfect we thinking alike as always. :D:D

I had a bit of an edge as I remembered how it worked at another Forum.

But a reference never hurts. :)

From the Forums 'Manual'

User Titles
The user title manager allows you to set up a 'ladder' of titles that can be applied to users based on the number of posts they have made.

For example, when a user registers he may be given the title 'Junior Member', then when that user has made 100 posts he could be granted the user title 'Senior Member'.

tkb

I like this new forum format.
It has a spell checker if you use the Enhanced Interface WYSIWYG, but you will still need to install the iespell that Bob refered to.

I like that you can suscribe to a thread and not have to get bombarded with emails on an active thread.

The quick reply is good.

Check out the Hybrid view.
There can be threads within threads now.

I am not seeing all of the smiles that are available though. I get the red X in place of the picture. I also get a red x in the top left corner of the pages for the link to the forum home page.

celtic

RUWired said:
What happened to the bold, italic,underline etc. functions?
bold
italic
underline

Still there.

I don't use the "buttons" to make these changes....
for bold use [b.] word[/b]
for italic use i
for underline use u
Do NOT use the little period . I put after that "b" in [ ]'s

iwire

Staff member
You need to change options in your user control panel.

Look for Miscellaneous Options and set it for either "Standard Editor" or "Enhanced WYSIWYG" (What You See Is What You Get)

tkb

How do we add an avatar?

I was only able to add a profile picture.
Looks like the existing people with avatars were imported in.
I can't seem to find how to add one.

ceknight

This isn't in response to anyone in particular, just a reminder: the webmaster did say the upgrade would take several days of tweaking after the initial loading. Let's give him some time to get everything we want where and how we want it before we panic about missing or changed features. Today was just the start of the process.

Webmaster is omniscient and omnibenevolent, he knows our needs well and will tend to them as time allows. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.