Need an Electrical Qualifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayleen

We own an A/C company in Florida and are required to get an electrical qualifier. No permit pulling will be required. How do I qualify an electrician? How do I begin the process, any idea how long it takes?

dezwitinc

Qualifier

Qualifier

Just wondering why you need a qualifier if you are not an electrical contractor pulling permits?
Just went through the process down here (FL).
Expect to spend plenty of money for a qualifier.
Remember, he will be responsible for all aspects (taxes, suppliers, wages, etc.) of your company and as such is taking on alot of responsibility.
Threre are people that will "sell" their licenses but hopefully the review process by the Board will weed them out before they help any more unlicensed people perform electrical work in this state.
If you want to talk about the process, give me a PM as I just appeared before the Board last week and am hoping that this is finally over.

Last edited:

Jim W in Tampa

Its not that hard to do in Fl.All you need do is find an electrician that either allready holds a masters or one that can pass the test.He will want a nice paycheck and you will pick up all the costs of insurance,workers comp ,etc for doing nothing and he is taking some risk.Take a long look at how electrical contractors operate here.They could easily have 50 or 300 employees that do not even have a journeymans card (not required here).Often if not most of the time they never even see the job.While i dont like it there is nothing anyone can do to stop this.The jobs often are done by men with little to no experiance.That is part of why our wages are so low.

Status
Not open for further replies.