quick bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

I did a quick search on "[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica] QuickBid Electrical Estim" , "[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica] QuickBid Electrical", and "[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]QuickBid " ...I didn't find many results.

There website: http://www.quickbidestimating.com/ is basically some kind of BS search engine.

The date when this program came to "winsite" ....
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica] 20 Jan 00.
I think it may be safe to say this porgam is DOA, 404, etc etc etc
[/FONT][/FONT]

mdshunk

It took me 9 seconds to download on cable, and about 5 seconds to install. Works fine. It is a very old program, from the looks of it. It has Trilliant panels, which are obsolete, for 40 bucks in the price list.

allinone

if you notice it can be updated iether manually or you can call customer service

obviously because it is shareware it will not be perfect but if you spend some time with it it might be worth it.

celtic

I already have a FREE program...that updates(free) whenever I decide to allow it...integrates w/QuickBooks....I'll pass on this.

mdshunk

celtic said:
I already have a FREE program...that updates(free) whenever I decide to allow it...integrates w/QuickBooks....I'll pass on this.
So... is this program a secret? or, are you willing to share its name?

celtic

mdshunk said:
So... is this program a secret? or, are you willing to share its name?

I didn't post it here already?

Ok, here it is:
hdwscdjz6.jpg

Same program as The National Electric Eletrical Estimator...but $33 cheaper than Amazon's price of $33 :D :D :D

celtic

electricguy said:
2 questions
can I change the labor rate in the HD disc
You can...but at about 30.45/hr ...is that the right number for you?

electricguy said:
How do I change the labor rate in TNE
Start the program....

mainscreenaj4.jpg

Add an item to the estimate....a window pops "ENTER COST INFORMATION":

costinformationhc4.jpg

In this window, you'll see "CRAFT CODE"..the code is L1 for 1 electrician..
....under that is "HOURLY WAGE" which is set at $30.45.

3045rateob5.jpg

Change the $30.45 to what you charge. I chose $5.99.

599ratecj8.jpg

This ONE estimate will always refelect that change in it.
I have found it is easier to stick with Craft Code L1 and NOT try and create a new Craft Code.

If you look in the HELP file...select INDEX.. and type HOURLY WAGE...you'll get this:
If the hourly wage you see in the Enter Cost Information dialog box is not right for your job, change it. Home Depot PRO CD lets you enter or change hourly wages every time you:

? Paste lines from the costbook.

? Insert cost lines of your own.

? Change a cost line in the estimate.

To change the hourly wage in the Enter Cost Information dialog box:

1. Press Tab to advance to the hourly wage box (or click on that box).

2. Type the hourly wage you prefer.

3. Press Tab to advance the focus.

4. Notice that the new hourly wage times the hours produces a new labor cost.

5. Click on OK or press Enter when done.

6. The cost line is added to your estimate at the hourly wage you typed.

Tips on changing wage rates:

? Changing the hourly wage for any crew affects only the estimate you are working on. It does not change anything in the costbook or in other estimates.

? You can change the hourly wage for any crew and even make up your own crews and hourly wages.

? Crew codes have to be two digits. But all numbers and letters work fine.

? You have to change the rate for any crew just once. Home Depot PRO CD will apply that rate automatically every time you paste or insert more cost lines using that crew.

? Home Depot PRO CD will display both the wage rate being used and the costbook wage in the Enter Cost Information dialog box.

As the HD WS CD is essentially the same program as TNE, you can use the FAQ over at http://craftsman-book.com/ .
Here is your question answered at the FAQ(http://craftsman-book.com/support/tne/faq/#Anchor--C-48678):
Can I "globally" change the labor rates in the costbook(s)? Not in the costbook. However, it's easy to adjust labor rates in an estimate. Any time you copy and paste costs into an estimate, you see the labor rate. Change that rate once and it's changed throughout the estimate. But making that change doesn't affect the costbook and it doesn't change any other estimate you've already completed. For more on setting your own wage rates, press F1. Click on Search. Type Wage and double click on Custom.

Got more ?'s ...just ask.

electricguy

I wish I need about 5 times that. :D

Darn why did I ever do my breakeven calculation oh ya I remember now... I was paying my bills at 2 months past due and found out why... my overhead was running around 4000/mo AND I work from my home.

celtic

electricguy said:
I had to read that twice...I thought you were quoting me but forgot the quote[]'s LOL.

$30.45 is the standard in the program.
If you look on page 33 ~ "PRO CD Wage Rates"

You'll see all the Craft Codes and Rates:

"Crew Code" "Crew" "Hourly Wage"

"B1 Carpenter and a helper 25.29"
"B9 Bricklayer, Tender 25.68"
"BC Carpenter 27.93"
"BF Floor layer 26.93"
"BG Glazier 26.06"
"BL Building laborer 22.66"
"BR Lather 27.66"
"DI Drywall installer 27.38"
"L1 Electrician 29.85"
"P1 Plumber and a helper 27.07"
"RI Reinforcing ironworker 26.09"
"RR Roofer 34.41"
"R1 Roofer and a helper 27.03"
"SW Sheet metal worker 30.90"
"TL Tile layer 26.96"
Why mine shows as 30.45 and not 29.85 (this is for L1), I don't know? I don't really care as I automatically change that rate on every bid.

Take some time and read the first 50 pages or so...much of it is for HD credit and other BS, but some of it has some actual value.

The first section in TNE is MUCH better.

"How to Use This Book 5"
"Improving Estimating Accuracy and Profits 7"
HD doesn't offer these two areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.