Thread: Breakers

Breakers

I have house inspectors that turns down the inspection because there are two wires connected to a single pole breaker. My question is that some companys like square-D make a breaker that will accept two wires. Is this ok to use.Or do i have to install piggyback breakers?

Re: Breakers

If you can show that the breaker is listed for two conductors per terminal, then he would have no reason to reject it unless there is a local ammendment against it.
    John, Chair City, NC
    Technology: Mans best efforts to make things as good as they used to be

Breakers that are listed for two conductors like a Square D are fine with two conductors. It comes down to following the labeling on the breaker.

You do not have to add piggy backs unless you want to, you can make a splice in the panel.

Thank You I think the simple way is to install one wire on the breaker then make them up with a wire nut THANKS

a.wayne3@verizon.net Guest

Voltage 37 I see that you listed the inspector as a house inspector Pay the fee and get the certificate thats the extent of a home inspectors requirements.Lat week I had one write a report that the receptacle in the laundry 4 ft. from the sink had to be GFCI protected.I called him and asked where did he get that idea?He said within 6 ft of a sink .I chuckled and when he asked what was so funny I asked him for an NEC article this was a new home 02 code.He told me that he didnt have a code book.My response was to go check it out and if his report was the reason a closing was held up he was liable for the penalties incurred.His report was changed the next day.I didnt tell him that if it was a wet bar then yes he was right.Home inspectors have limited knowledge of the NEC the many I have encountered.But they know if a door sticks or facia is rotted.Ul listings code articles are to complex for them to apply unless they had allot of prior experience in that field.Have been through the same double tapped write up on a QO panel from a H.I. Told the homeowner it was fine and that was that.

Whats the deal with home inspectors. A couple of months ago a friend of mine was selling his parents house. The home inspector claimed a mouse had chewed a cable to the heat pump. I went and replaced it. When I took the panel cover off he had a stack of buisness cards and his company brochure in the panel. I called him and said that I removed his violation.

Charlie