I need a plate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

I need a plate....anyone know where I can get a 2 gang, blank, jumbo/goof plate in white ?

I've been waitng for the supply house to get the dam thing since like August...good thing a payment isn't waiting on this thing !

jjhoward

Occupation
Owner TJ Electric
Toggle or decora?
Local suppliers here in Morris Cnty will have them. Did you try Feldman's in Paterson? They have an enormous inventory.

mark32

Celtic, if you're interested we've got jumbo 2 gang blanks in white. Let me know and I'll send you our phone # here in FL.

jjhoward, where in Morris county do you live? I grew in Jefferson.

Mark

celtic

sparkzilla said:
How about a switch plate and put switch filler blanks in?

How about no? :lol:

While a blank plate may be unsightly, "fillers" just add insult to injury.

The plate is actually for a 2G cut in box that has surround sound wiring in it.

"The Plan" is to pop a couple of 7/8 holes (and rubber grommets) in it and run the wire to the equipment.

Unless, of course, someone has a source for a plate that would accomplish that in a "jumbo" version.

celtic

**MULTIPLE REPLIES**

jjhoward said:
Toggle or decora?
Local suppliers here in Morris Cnty will have them. Did you try Feldman's in Paterson? They have an enormous inventory.

White-princess-wrinkle...would work best.

I have one of my guys that "keeps forgetting" to stop in at Feldman's....I "reminded" him today to stop there - he "reminded" me that he was going to Swift (in Union City) today...LOL.

mark32 said:
Celtic, if you're interested we've got jumbo 2 gang blanks in white. Let me know and I'll send you our phone # here in FL.

I'll go through the usual suspects here in NJ...if it's a wash, I'll PM you.

sparkzilla said:
celtic said:
How about no? :lol:

:oops: With no explaination, I just thought that you were trying to cover a hole. "The Plan" sounds like a good one, though.

:p

No harm -no foul....
Personally, I think "The Plan" is kind of nutty - an actual plate for the intended pupose WOULD be nicer - but this is what "they" want.

Thanks everyone :)

JohnE

Actually, I like the "plan". Except for it being "oversized". I do a fair amount of audio, and use a "black star bushing" for lack of a better term through a 1/2" ko in a white or ivory steel mulberry blank plate. The fewer connections, the better. Also a lot less money than speaker terminal plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.