Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Smart $ said:
Well, I could if Roger and you would butt out :grin:

I guess that means you really didn't mean what you said below.

Smart $ said:
Anyway, I do not want to continue this debate, as it has been hashed and rehashed already.
:rolleyes:

Roger

Smart $

Esteemed Member
roger said:
Oh yes you have, you got into this thread, so by default your posts are actually part of a group discussion.
So be it. It still does not change a damn thing. So here, let me put it to you like this. See to it after this post your only comments in this thread are 100% on topic and contain no personal comments... and we'll have no problems.

smart, you may have missed the beginning of the thread so let me tell you...
No... Let me tell you. The question was asked and answered. Is there some point to repeating the answer? (I was considering asking you to not answer this rhetorical question, but courteousness seems to be outside your repertoire. So take your condescending attitude and shove it!)

I'm glad to see you're catching on to the way the forum works, but be aware of the fact that you may be steered back on topic just as you are now.
Well, the steering must be taking place in your own mind. It is certainly not averting anything on this end. I'm quite certain other participants and visitors will say the same.

BTW, I thought you didn't wish to debate this any further? :wink:
I'm not debating under what circumstances a conductor can be called a neutral. Haven't debated such since I made that statement. Closest I cam was the statement, "Neutral is not a slang term. Perhaps misused on occasion, but far from slang, nevertheless." Not everyone considers the NEC to be the electrical "bible", having fear of the electrical god striking them down when they, e'god forbid, rightfully call a grounded conductor a neutral. The analogy of the NEC being the "bible" is nothing more than that. I'm sorry if you feel otherwise.

Last edited:

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Boy smart, you sure get passionate in defending yourself when you are wrong. :grin:

I'll, leave this alone now before your blood pressure gets to high, and I am a man of my word so you can count on it.

Roger

Last edited:

M. D.

Might help .....may be not

5-36 Log #1554 NEC-P05 Action: Accept in Principle
(100.Neutral Conductor and Neutral Point)
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________
Submitter: Technical Correlating Committee on National Electrical Code?
Panel Meeting Action: Accept in Principle
Add the following (two) definitions to Article 100 as follows:
Neutral Conductor. The conductor connected to the neutral point of a system that is intended to carry current under
normal conditions.
Neutral point. The common point on a wye-connection in a polyphase system or midpoint on a single-phase, 3-wire
system, or midpoint of a single-phase portion of a 3-phase delta system, or a midpoint of a 3-wire, direct current system.
FPN: At the neutral point of the system, the vectorial sum of the nominal voltages from all other phases within the
system that utilize the neutral, with respect to the neutral point, is zero potential.
Panel Statement: The revised wording removes the term ?circuit? as was pointed out in the TCC ballot, there is no
definition for a ?circuit conductor? and the ?neutral conductor? could be in a branch circuit, feeder or otherwise. The
revised text also establishes a differentiation between the ?neutral conductor? and the ?equipment grounding conductor?
which are in fact both ultimately connected to the neutral point of a system. The differentiation is that under some
normal conditions, the ?neutral conductor? is expected to be current carrying while under normal conditions the
equipment-grounding conductor is never a current carrying conductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.