Bonding Bushing for Flex(greenfield or MC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cflava

I was running some greenfield from a motor starter to an 208V 3phase/60A AHU the other day and the starter had a concentric KO. I have seen the code mentioning the use of bonding bushings in concentric KO's before, but would it require it everytime for greenfield flex and MC and if so would both sides be necessary?

What specifically is the rule for bonding bushings with eccentric/concentric KO?

radiopet

I was running some greenfield from a motor starter to an 208V 3phase/60A AHU the other day and the starter had a concentric KO. I have seen the code mentioning the use of bonding bushings in concentric KO's before, but would it require it everytime for greenfield flex and MC and if so would both sides be necessary?

What specifically is the rule for bonding bushings with eccentric/concentric KO?

I believe you are thinking of Service Bonding or bonding over 250V with regards to the ECC and CON.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Concentric KO's would require a bonding bushing over 250 volts. FMC would require an EGC if it doesn't meet the requirements of 250.118(5).

Status
Not open for further replies.