Two Family Dwelling Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

physis

I can't find a two meter main with load centers in the same cabinet. How do you guys do a two family service?

It seems like my only two options are either a dual meter socket and two separate load centers off of that or two separate meter combos with their own risers and weather heads.

I'd rather not have to have three different panels or two risers. :(

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Hiya, Sam. You went AWOL for a month again. :)

We always install seperate metermains for each side. Generally the undergrounds come from seperate vaults.

We have wired 3-plexes that had one can with three meters in it. It was Siemens. I imagine they have a two-meter version.

All I've seen are underground/overhead use.

induster

amps?

amps?

how big of service are you looking for? i have a 2 meter main which I think is a 125/125... maybe 100/100 hell maybe it's 200/200 I will have to check monday.

allenwayne

Assuming you are looking for 2 meter/2 main breaker combo units in one unit,Millbank MFG. has a variety from 100 - 200 amp.I searched for milbank and went to thier site and opened the catalog page and found a wide vatiety.Hope this helps with what you need. :wink:

physis

Hi George:

These'll be top fed. And I'm moving the service to the opposite side of the building because trhe drop crosses the front lawn and causes several problems with windows, porches and hight clearance. It would need a riser 8 feet over the roof where it is now. There are only two existing circuits and easy subbasement access.

I want a single drop and a single panel if I can.

By induster:how big of service are you looking for?[b/]

I want to use 125's

Allen, it would be really cool if you could give me a website or a phone number or some other way to get a hold of Milbank!

Thanks Dudes 8)

physis

I didn?t find a two meter with load centers in either PDF?s. I?ll use 100?s if that?s all I can find. I?ll try to contact these manufacturers and see what I can get. Thanks again guys.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
You want the whole shebang in one box? You want fries with that? :shock:

I've not seen anything like that. I think you're hosed. :D

Let me know what you find. :)

physis

I do indeed want the whole "shabang" with fries.

I'm goin' two meter combos with two risers.

If I cant find it here it dosen't exist.

Thanks amigos.

allenwayne

Look at page 36 of yhe PDF file it has double gang meters with double mains .Also elsewhere is what they call condo meters just a different configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.