services

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary@pts

i have a ten foot service trought installed outside at the entrance of a cell tower site there are three existing 200 amp disconnects each with their own power company meter i need to install an addition 200 amp meter and disconnect to feed a 200 subpanel inside a 12x20 equiptment shelter witch all ready has a existing 200 amp subpanel fed from one of the existing 200 amp meter and disconnects. Is this considerd 2 seperate feeders feeding the same building or would this be 2 seperate services feeding the same building

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
So you have a 12 x 20 equipment building that already has it's own meter and 200 amp panel. Now you want to install another 200 amp panel in this same building on a different meter. 2 Metered panels in the same 12x 20 building???

Cody K

Can you utilize existing feeder to building. Then at the building build trough, two separate meters, two separate subpanels feeding each (all be it very odd for such building).

mdshunk

I'd just try for a written AHJ waiver as a first course of action. You're likely to get it, particularly since only very qualified people surround the maintenance of tower sites.

tyha

ive done a few cell sites before and the service is for equipment by different carriers nextel,cingular and so forth. not for the building itself. right?

Status
Not open for further replies.