What Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

realolman said:
I'ts no disgrace to be dumb, but it's unhandy as heck.

LMAO...that is funny and a bit more poetic than "Did you have a big bowl of stupid for breakfast today?"

I'll use your line on a helper tom'row...LOL..thanks.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
:?: Webmaster,

Have you had a chance to review the comments and questions from over the weekend, posted on the last five pages of this thread? :?:

peteo

I find myself limited as far as reviewing recent posts. With our subject matter, it is frequently worthwhile to review what's been posted the last day or two, exactly what was previously our 'view recent posts' button. A related issue is that postings do not always fall within one topic (NEC, grounding & bonding, etc.) This might be just me, but I learn a lot from this forum, and that means repetition. Looking up code references or such, does not always mean keeping the page I want to write to (or revisit) open.
The new 'view posts since last logged in' cuts posts which I've already seen. Could it be supplemented with a button, to view new posts last day, etc. At one point I visited a 'search' screen. A cut-down, all-topics wildcard search function using the search page's drop down button at Forum Home would be nice.
I had to change my autocompleted mikeholt password in Internet Explorer. It took a try or two. Went to Tools, Internet Options, Content, AutoComplete

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
peteo said:
I find myself limited as far as reviewing recent posts. With our subject matter, it is frequently worthwhile to review what's been posted the last day or two, exactly what was previously our 'view recent posts' button.
Ditto. If the "last visited date" could be substituted for "Last posted date", that would be much more agreeable. Life happens. You log on, the dog falls off the porch, you walk outside for fifteen minutes, come back and the days posts are gone. That stinks. It's happened to me twice now. :?

mjc

Hi , Since we are still on the subject of the new look,,
When we are posting a reply , What is the Blank box area stating Subject mean to me? Don't remember this subject area in the old house.

Thanks ... Mike

bensonelectric

If you fill in the subject box, this is where it appears.

If you fill in the subject box, this is where it appears.

It just shows up above your post. Sort of like a subtitle within a thread.

Here's an update to keep you all informed on what's going on with your new forum. I am reading and collection all the feedback in this thread and will be making adjustments over the coming weeks. Some of the feature requests will not be possible with this new forum and I'm finding many of the features are already present, just in a different manor or location so be sure to take a good look around and read the FAQ's too.

I am currently working on bringing the PM's over from the old forum. If anyone really needs to view a PM from the old forum in the meantime, just let me know.

Joe

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Webmaster Joe,

Are you intending to restore the broken image links and urls in the pre-March 3 posts?

Feature Update

Feature Update

'Spell Check' and 'Add image to post' is available again while posting and replying. Also, avatar uploading and linking is now possible under all profiles.

All the converted posts from the old forum should now display their HTML formatting correctly now (including any images). If anyone comes across a post that does not display correctly, please PM me a link to it.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Re: Feature Update

webmaster said:
Also, avatar uploading and linking is now possible under all profiles.
Well, there went the neighborhood! :shock: Since that is no longer a Moderator's privilege, I guess I'll have to ask Mike for a raise. :wink: :D

Can anyone tell me how to take a photo and convert it to meet the avatar limits (80 by 80 pixels, 6kb size)?

LawnGuyLandSparky

Sorry...

Sorry...

I don't like this at all...

2.gif

al hildenbrand

Occupation

charlie b said:
Can anyone tell me how to take a photo and convert it to meet the avatar limits (80 by 80 pixels, 6kb size)?
Charlie, if you are in a WIntel machine, use File Explorer to locate the picture, then right click to open a menue of choices.

On mine, Edit is one of the choices that opens a picture editor. . .I'm guessing your system will have an editor associated with JPG and GIF files.

Look for a "resize" choice and a slot to enter custom X by Y pixel dimensions.

After resizing, do a "Save As" and rename the file slightly. Then examine the file with File Explorer to check the number of bytes.

If you are in the Apple machines, I'll be no help.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

al hildenbrand said:
If you are in the Apple machines, I'll be no help.
  • Open picture in Appleworks.
  • Click on the image if not already highlighted.
  • Select "Scale By Percent" from the "Arrange" menu.
  • Scale it down as necessary.
  • "Save As" a JPEG file

Status
Not open for further replies.