Combined units ~ # of services

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

I have a situation where a HO bought a condo unit adjacent to the one he resides in. His plan is to demo a demising wall and have one huge condo.

My question is in regards to the service/s.
Both units are seperately metered (150 or 175 A each).
Under 230.2(B)(1) and 230.4(E) would the present arrangement be allowed?
I understand the AHJ's input may be required (special written permission), but at this point I'm just looking for any opinions and/or Articles.

JohnJ0906

Cant speak for condos, but we did a 2-to-1 townhouse job recently, and we had to rearrange the service so it was a single 400 amp instead of 2-200. I didn't work there until the final stage, but I'll ask about it monday.

jtester

Just because you have separate meters doesn't mean you have separate services. I regularly encounter that in commercial, and never hesitated to feed one space with two meters, until the local utility said they wouldn't permit it any longer.

Jim T

JohnJ0906

I just recalled the reason the service had to be redone in the job I mentioned-Grouping of disconnects. Celtic, I think you will have to check with AHJ and POCO on this one

celtic

JohnJ0906 said:
I just recalled the reason the service had to be redone in the job I mentioned-Grouping of disconnects. Celtic, I think you will have to check with AHJ and POCO on this one

The disco comes from a meter bank room with 68 +/- meters/disco...feed from 1200/800 MDP's. I don't know that both units come from the same MDP...have to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.