dip/ dimmer switch problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsHot

Can the same problems occur with dip switches on dimmer switches, that occur on ceiling fan remotes. I am currently trouble shooting a 12 volt kitchen fixture. Fixture randomly goes off at any given time.:-?

ItsHot

Larry most of the problems you hear about on dip switches is with the light coming on. But you never really hear about the fan or lights going off. I am having problems with a 12 volt kitchen fixture going off. It is a 300 w transformer that is "dimmable". I have a dimmer switch with dip switches. Just trying to decide if the thermal overload is cutting out on the transformer. Even thougfh I only have 5-50w lamps on? Just having a time with this one!:-?:grin:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Larry most of the problems you hear about on dip switches is with the light coming on. But you never really hear about the fan or lights going off.
I believe that has more to do with the habits of the people using the lights in each home.

Just trying to decide if the thermal overload is cutting out on the transformer.
They usually come back on after cooling. Can you temporarily relocate the transformer as a test?

Status
Not open for further replies.