Work Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

Van, pretty loud inside with everything rattling around, nothing the radio cant fix though, just don't try to have a conversation with anyone riding shotgun though. :)

480sparky

I'll take a full size van any day.

DSC04012A.jpg

DSC05865.jpg

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
i ride in a crew cab pickup.

i was looking for a utility body to put in the rear, but haven't been able to find one that fits my chassis.

i've been hauling a cargo trailer for years but parked it a month or two ago; gas mileage goes from 13mpg to 20mpg w/o the trailer.

i'm working on a setup for the bed right now that sits on a short platform that i can easily remove w/ the forklift when i need my bed space back. and i'm going to get a single side rack that comes off in a couple of minutes.

the trailer was nice because i've put all types of storage bins and racks in it, but i was carrying a lot of excess quantities.

most of my service work involves very little materials. and the extra gas, wear on the suspension and tires is a complete waste i think.

quogueelectric

Crew cab pickup for me never enough room no matter what I ride but it looks sharp and is comfortable to drive. Custom cap on back enough to store lots of material.

JFletcher

Extended cab truck with camper shell and ladder "rack". GMC K1500, though I've never had to use the 4wd to get to or off a job site. It's a pain to get in and out of the bed, and takes a fair amount of time to organize. 16mpg highway/ 12 city ain't too great either, but it's paid for.

danger30

I've got a load n' go transferable truck box by Fleetwest on a one ton diesel. Absolutely love the option of dropping it on the weekends to go play with the family.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Full size 1 ton van, smallest engine, stick. Hand built the shelving the way I wanted it.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Does anyone have the link to George's "Pimp My Ride" thread? I did some searching, but didn't succeed in locating the thread.

I have been using a Chevy Express Cargo van for almost a year. Much better than my pick-up. Just need shelving. Easy to get in and out of.

220/221

We do a lot of small jobs and service work.

The best move we ever made was when we went to 16' box vans.

DSC01001-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.