CA General Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

davethai1

Hi, how's going? I'm preparing for my General Electrician Exam in CA. I really need some advices from electricians who already took the exam. I've already bought the Electrician Exam Prep book by Dale Brickner, Electrician Exam Prep book by Mike Holt, and the Electrician Handbook 14th Edition. How do I use the Electrician Handbook to prepare for the exam? Its like 1300 pages. What should I focus on study? Thanks.

acwservices

Personally, I would not even open the Electrician Handbook to study for an exam. While this book has a lot of information and is great for practical purposes, it is not to good for an exam. I would recommend the web site "acontractorslicense.com"- all one word. One you get to the webpage, click on "order home study kits now." I used this course when I took the C10 exam, and the questions were nearly word for word from the study material. I also agree with Jim, the CA C10 exam was by far the easiest exam that I have ever taken (and I have taken many). I didn't know it at the time, but I could have easily passed the exam without the course, probably without even opening a book of any kind.

davethai1

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks a lot Jim and acwservices. I hope the exam is gonna be as easy as you guys say. However, im gonna prepare for the worst. Are you positive that I do not need the electrician handbook because it said they are gonna use the electrician handbook to create the electrician exam. These examiners are trying to make people fail. Haha. I hope 2 electrician exam prep books, and the code book should be enough to prepare. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.