Load center Height

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclary's electrical

I agree,,,,I had a customer that rasied their garage floor two feet. They asked me was their panel still legal,,,,,I said it looks strange and out of place,,,,,but it's legal.

art82

load center height

load center height

the code state that no breaker or switch in the on position should be higher than 6 6 inches as far as low there is none as long as it complies with 110.26

radiopet

Interesting enough....I was called out to an inspection by one of my inspectors the other day and the panel was only 12" off the floor. The inspector was scratching his head in an attempt to understand why it was so low. I was explaining the NEC to him and so on and complaining about all the plans I have to review back in the office and all of a sudden a "Little Person" walked around the corner and said "Hey Guys"....I smiled and gave him a great handshake and looked up at the inspector and said...we, there you go fella....yet another reason why it is perfectly fine.

The little person was the owner of the house and a master electrician and had done a WONDERFUL job on the wiring. It was really nice to see...he took so much pride in work that many take for granted.

e57

I did a handicap residence where everything was below 32" to the top...

I have also done a stack of panels due to lack of space - putting the lowest one knee high to the top. Hell most cabinets have all the breakers pretty low...

Status
Not open for further replies.