Cable tray bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm getting out of Art.392.6 is that you do not need a bonding jumper between each and every piece of cable tray unless there is a gap between the sections of tray or between the tray and a raceway of between the tray and a piece of equipment. This gap should not exceed ore than 6 ft. Is this correct?

lowryder88h

cable tray

cable tray

Bob, 392.6 (A) last paragraph says "shall" ,I believe you need to bond the two separate sections. Please correct me if you don't read it that way.:D

grounding & epoxy coated rebar

grounding & epoxy coated rebar

On a project of mine, the designer has called for a counterpoise, (triangle using 3 ground rods) and it shows cadwelding not only to the ground rods but the rebar. We created a surface (ground the epoxy off of the rebar) and then cadwelded a pigtail off of that rebar. My question is, becasue of the epoxy coated rebar are we getting any transference thru the rebar? does that make sence? :rolleyes:

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Tom,
What did the structural engineer have to say above removing the corrosion protection from his re-bar? There is no reason to bond to epoxy coated rebar.

Status
Not open for further replies.