Pics for your enjoyment - Overhead service

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich000

Here are 2 circuits ran to a garage that were recently ran by another electrician. This was not permitted because this city no longer allows overhead service to garages. BTW, that is 3/4" PVC conduit as the mast. Enjoy.

hillbilly

That's like looking at a car wreck......it's awful, but you can't look away.

I can't believe....well I have to....that anyone would think that this is OK.
Even The Three Stooges could do better.:roll:

steve

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
The customer sais this was done by an Electrician. Bull. If so you gots some weird electricains in that there city. Even the worst of the hacks I know would not use PVC to support a drop run like that. I bet the HO or a family member did the work!:cool:

~Shado~

Wow...that's just plain sexy work. :D

It allows expansion, vibration, movement, can tell the temperature by how far it sags on any given day, if you need to tap it...just reach up and pull it down, make your tap, let go and it returns up out of the way......NICE!!!!:roll:

growler

Someone paid someone else to do that for them? :roll:

I know a guy that does work like that all the time and gets paid for it. He doesn't get paid to much because he is not an electrician but that doesn't keep him from trying. He has one overhead feeder to a garage that's not 6 ft above grade ( city made them disconnect that one).

It's really surprising what types of rigged work people will pay for if they think they are saving money.

That PVC won't be there once there is a little ice on those cables. They had better hope that's in a very warm part of the country. :D

Wow...that's just plain sexy work. :D

It allows expansion, vibration, movement, can tell the temperature by how far it sags on any given day, if you need to tap it...just reach up and pull it down, make your tap, let go and it returns up out of the way......NICE!!!!:roll:

A man with experience...;):D

I think I am just about past the point of ever being surprised anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.