Smart Breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCN

We use Cutler Hammer Power Command's for our lighting panels in all of our facilities. On the last four projects we've had quite a few failures of the "smart breakers", right off the bat. They have been very depedable in the past.

These are controlled with a Danfoss ak255.

Not sure if it's installer error or manufacturer issue. Anybody having problems with these?

templdl

Failed? It sort of an ambiguous description. You omitted describing what the mode of failure was.
It like saying my car failed. Does it have aflat tire, run out of gas, the battery is dead, etc.

PCN

I'm not exactly sure, (I'm only the electrical designer , not the contractor), other than it is on the control side of the breaker. The Buidling automation system can't control the breaker as intended.

It just seemed odd that four different contractors on four different projects all were having problems.

PCN

Just got back from a field visit.... apparently the problem is the low voltage "whip" that connects to the breaker. Several breaker had loose conductors that weren't crimped tight enough at the factory and created the problem. Some easily pulled right out of the breaker.

Thank for the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.