1YellowPage1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky76

Has any one on the forum heard of a marketing company called 1YellowPage1?
They've been hitting me up hard and I've been trying to find out something about them w/o much success. Was wondering if anyone here has used them or even heard of them. They have a little bit different marketing concept.

www.1yellowpage1.com

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
All I can offer is the following short story. Last week, someone left on my front porch a yellow bag that contained what looked, in a quick glance, very much like a "yellow pages" sort of directory. I picked up the bag, and without taking the book out of the bag, I walked over to my recycle bin and tossed it in. That is what one "consumer" thinks of that type of advertising, and that type of an information source.

If I am in need of an electrician, that is not the resource I will use, in order to find one.

satcom

All I can offer is the following short story. Last week, someone left on my front porch a yellow bag that contained what looked, in a quick glance, very much like a "yellow pages" sort of directory. I picked up the bag, and without taking the book out of the bag, I walked over to my recycle bin and tossed it in. That is what one "consumer" thinks of that type of advertising, and that type of an information source.

If I am in need of an electrician, that is not the resource I will use, in order to find one.

As soon as they come they end up in the recycle pile at the curve, it is funny when they come out with the Yellow Book and deliver them, the next recycle day you can look up and down the street and see the new yellow books, you don't see the new yellow page books put in the recycle pile.

AV ELECTRIC

it was great in the day when there was only one phone book and no internet . And if you were in that book you had plenty of work. I live in a town that has 14000 people and theres six books and endless online resources for electrical. I think this is one of our problems in our industry. Where do you advertise The big boys are in most of them but they are paying allot .The small guy must pick wisely with limited funds. This is a very important decision it can make or break a company.

bradleyelectric

I get calls from all these including a lot that never get delivered here or I suspect anywhere. There is 1 book that sends an order form that looks like a bill that if you read it it gets delivered to advertisers select hotels and libraries and chambers of commerce. Not to local consumers. There are people calling that want me to get in books that get distributed to insurance adjusters. I have a friend that is an insurance adjuster and he says as policy they don't recommend anyone for liability reasons.

Your Local Zipcode or something like that has been calling the last couple days.

okeefe

phonebook.jpg

Last edited:

AV ELECTRIC

I had a similar problem same company yellow book but it was rain they had that yellow bag over the book which did not keep the water out so the book had water damaged why they dont put a sealed plastic cover over the book. i informed them of this problem will see if there is any change.

Last edited by a moderator:

sparky76

This company is not your traditional yellow pages. Its a laminated card w/ no more than 1 listing of each type of service on the front and life saving directions (CPR, etc) and magnets on the back. They claim people wont throw out like the book. I'm skeptical and they've been on me like white on rice so I was wondering if anyone has any experience w/ them specifically. Warnings or praise???

ultramegabob

This company is not your traditional yellow pages. Its a laminated card w/ no more than 1 listing of each type of service on the front and life saving directions (CPR, etc) and magnets on the back. They claim people wont throw out like the book. I'm skeptical and they've been on me like white on rice so I was wondering if anyone has any experience w/ them specifically. Warnings or praise???

would you pull out your CPR card to look for a mechanic, plumber, or dentist? I know I wouldnt....

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
They claim people won't throw out the book.
It would hit my recycle bin without my even having discovered the CPR instructions. It wouldn't even come out of the bag, since the plastic bag is also recyclable.

And as for that, they are putting themselves at risk of a lawsuit, by suggesting that a person could read their instructions and know enough to safely and properly perform CPR.

satcom

it was great in the day when there was only one phone book and no internet . And if you were in that book you had plenty of work. I live in a town that has 14000 people and theres six books and endless online resources for electrical. I think this is one of our problems in our industry. Where do you advertise The big boys are in most of them but they are paying allot .The small guy must pick wisely with limited funds. This is a very important decision it can make or break a company.

Yes, it is a very important decision, and what we found, was like anything else the bargin yellow books appear to cost less, but when you consider, how many never make it to the customer, they usually end up costing more.

After seeing your comment here, I went ahead and checked out their website and it seems like they have a great concept that will work very well for businesses like ours. I don't understand how no one has thought of this concept until now. I saw the example of their product and I would definitely keep their product on my refrigerator.

They've been hitting me up hard and I've been trying to find out something about them w/o much success. Was wondering if anyone here has used them or even heard of them. They have a little bit different marketing concept.

www.1yellowpage1.com

www.1yellowpage1.com

Sparky76, after reading your post, I checked out their website, 1yellowpage1.com, and did some research on the company. It seems that the company is legit, in addition, they provide jobs to disabled adults in california. Personally, I think it's already a good reason to use them and regarding the product I looked at the example and having seen the emergency info (especially the part on electrocution).

Hands down, this product will be hanging on my fridge!

ultramegabob

After seeing your comment here, I went ahead and checked out their website and it seems like they have a great concept that will work very well for businesses like ours. I don't understand how no one has thought of this concept until now. I saw the example of their product and I would definitely keep their product on my refrigerator.

you sure you dont work for the yellowpage1? seems odd how the first thing you post a response to is how great an idea you think some advertising scheme is from a thread that is two months old, and it was important enough to ya that you posted on it twice....

laketime

I agree sort of odd first responses, someone is Googleing the name and found this thread and is pumping it up. I am lucky my wife sold yellow pages for 20+ years so she knows how to handle my yellow page advertising. You have to look at the books total distribution. It is all about about how many books are distributed. Even if a certain percentage of the books are tossed the more places it is sent the higher the number that are used. We have an ad in both books that service our area and both ads have paid for themselves many times over. I do live in a more rural setting than most so internet searches do not work as well for local businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.